Our firm practices exclusively immigration law. But even within that, we do not represent people in all types of immigration cases. For example, we do not take any employment or business immigration cases, because that is outside our area of expertise. We believe that focusing on fewer areas makes us stronger and better equipped to handle our cases and do the best work possible for our clients. We would rather provide high quality representation in less areas than attempt to know everything about too many areas.


Practice Areas

Generally, we do all types of family-based immigration petitions, including consular processing and all the possible types of waivers for immigrants and follow-up processes necessary in those cases. We specialize in immigrant waivers of inadmissibility and provisional waivers. We represent immigrants before USCIS in Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, adjustments of status, removal of conditions, applications for Advanced Parole, and citizenship applications. We also assist immigrant domestic abuse victims in filing for relief based on the Violence Against Women Act and for victims of certain crimes in obtaining U nonimmigrant status, as well as assisting U visa holders to adjust their status to permanent residence.

If you are not sure if your case might be something we handle, you may call the office and do a brief intake with our staff. When possible, we will provide referrals to other attorneys if your case is something we cannot handle.

Waivers and Inadmissibility

The bread and butter of our practice - we focus on creating excellent waivers demonstrating "extreme hardship" to United States citizens (or lawful permanent residents) related to non-citizens who have lived in the United States illegally. We have filed dozens of provisional waivers since the program began in 2013, and have a high success rate. We also do waivers for criminal convictions and misrepresentation, among others. We also represent individuals needing waivers who are already outside the U.S. or otherwise must file their waiver after their consular interview abroad.

She is the best immigration lawyer I know. She specializes in waivers and was the most dedicated and conscientious lawyer I have ever dealt with. She filed all paper work impeccably and in a timely manner - she was actually extremely quick with her turnaround. She was available by email and phone; oftentimes she would answer my question within a day. A complete professional and a pleasure to deal with.
— Maggie H., Immigration Client

Deferred Action for Childhood ARRIVALS

Since August of 2012, individuals who entered the United States prior to the age of 16, and who have resided continuously in the U.S. since June 15, 2007 (soon to adjust to January 1, 2010), who have either graduated from high school, have their GED, or are currently in school, and who meet certain other requirements can apply for work authorization. Work authorization allows an individual to apply for a Social Security number, and in most states, obtain a driver’s license. Once in DACA temporary status, individuals may apply for permits to travel internationally if they have a humanitarian, work, or education-related purpose.

Watch for updates soon as the Obama administration implements the November 20, 2014 Executive Actions including the program allowing similar status to parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents who have been continuously present for at leas five years.

VAWA & U Visas

This growing area of immigration law provides relief to non-citizens who have been abused - mentally or physically - by a spouse or parent, and for non-citizens who have been victims of certain crimes. If you are or have been in an abusive marriage with a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident, you may be eligible to fix your immigration status without your spouse's cooperation. If you have been the victim of a violent crime, you may be eligible for a U Visa, which contains an eventual path to U.S. citizenship.

Hi, Laura gave us a feeling of comfort and trust when we first met her. She is a family oriented person and a honest lawyer. We always were informed with the status of our case and her expertise and passion in immigration made us feel confident that our case would be successful. And it was a success!
— Josh, client

Removal of Conditions

If a person obtains lawful permanent residency through marriage to a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse, and if the marriage is less than two years old at the time the visa is issued, the couple will need to file to remove the conditions on the green card within 90 days of the 2-year anniversary of the green card. If the couple is no longer together, the conditional resident may waive the requirement to file jointly under certain circumstances.

Naturalization-Becoming a U.S. Citizen

Although applying for United States citizenship may be a straightforward process for many lawful permanent residents, the potential pitfalls make it important that applicants at least consult with a qualified immigration attorney about their situation.